Friday, April 16, 2010

The Way To A Man's Heart

It is very hard to win a man's heart ( yes, at times). We wives have tried and tried and finally - Eureka! I've found it! - It's through his bottomless pit called the stomach.
Before I was married I had no clue as to why people say- the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I even literally imagined if there was an opening from the stomach sideways to the heart or something. But it is during this one year that I understood the various enchantments that the cuisine had on man's belly.


Me and my husband argue for a million and one reasons which keeps us both in the state of egoism for a while. While he is at it the clever wife goes to the kitchen and coddles up some dishes adding extra aroma boosting spices so that they attack his sense of smell first. I also bang some dishes to say 'I'm still angry with you' and continue to the dessert making part.The prey comes to the kitchen after a while to take a view of the food that's making him hungry and knows he has to act fast to solve the battle. So as a sign he slowly nudges my shoulder as if to say 'Hey I'm sorry'. Yes, the tower is falling...I pretend as if I did not feel anything and keep stirring the spoon, making teeth-biting noises. And with no choice left, he wraps his arms around me and I smile knowing I've won. I know I'm evil - but that's not the point. Men love food and that's the only thing other than women that keeps them happy.

So the old sages were right in saying that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. No wonder after marriages I see the stomachs of men getting really huge. Probably, so that the women can squeeze themselves in and work her way up to the heart! So the bigger the stomach the more the man loves you..no wonder my husband's love for me is growing for the past few weeks real fast ;)

5 comments:

  1. Thats Really True Gipsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So indirectly what you're trying to say is guys who have pot belly's, all have wicked and evil wife's. Thought to ponder !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope.. that's not what I meant.. Read it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, there's no need for that. That was said at a lighter note !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahha... the size of his stomach is directly proportional to the amount he likes you, well said!

    ReplyDelete