Sunday, September 5, 2010

Black 'n' White

I was in my mom's place yesterday and we were just rattling on about the happenings around. At one instant my mom told me the fat aunty who lives behind our house wanted a bride for her son. The conditions which she put forth for the prospective bride were in simple words, 'she should be a young, white and beautiful' gal. Well for the fat aunty, white = beautiful anyway.

I was thinking about this phrase and felt a surge of amusement. I know how her son looks. I am not discriminating here but it feels weird and foolish to demand a young, pretty and so called 'white' lady for her early thirties hefty-looking son. I mean come on people, see the disaster on your side as well instead of being choosy.

Oh, but I almost forgot. She has her justification for that - he's working abroad with hands flowing with money. Amazing isn't it? any bidders?




Its super cool when society has invisible rules in marriage like " I am a rich foreign-working man so I am entitled to have a babelicious wife. But hey, its alright... even if she's dead ugly to me you can sell her to me paying a few billions so that she has the rights to have babies and add my name to hers". (This isn't called dowry in their dictionary - no, its just the bride's daddy's duty because he was the ultimate reason for her not being 'white'). Don't even get me started on wanting 'traditional brides' because apparently women who wear jeans and other 'western' attire are looked down upon by the righteous people of our society because of the DISGUSTING (huge stress on this word please!) way they are bought up.

Ah well, some things are really interesting around here, isn't it?

9 comments:

  1. Nicely written, somethings don't change in society... the crass people become more crasser, atleast they have entertaining value, if only they could read your blog now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me.. they just wont accept their faults or drawbacks.. as for the entertaining value - yes I believe that's the only thing they are worth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply great......... Please include me in your fans list

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Yogesh: Fans list? whatever you mean by that.. I don't have one.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things happen vice versa too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah.......very rightly said.............
    Mrg in our society has become a very good business nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anonymous: Not in this part of the world where I live..

    @Jenisha:New follower.. welcome...:)

    ReplyDelete