Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Evolution - Part 2


I managed to fill in the rest somehow. However, it might have a serious tone to it from the last part owing to me being not a child anymore. So read on :

13 Yr:    I found myself looking at the mirror more often than once each day and started to wonder if I was pretty or fat or ugly or thin. I loved listening to Backstreet boys, Spice girls and Westlife. I even used to collect posters of singers. It was also my last year in Bahrain, I cried when I left my school and moved to India.


14 Yr:    Had a tough time coping with the education system, school, food, life and everything. I could never have imagined anything worse than this happening to me. I found the world to be not so much of a nice place like I imagined. Gibson laughed at my school uniform  and my double braided hair ( it looked like a dog's ears for him). He told he’s going to join some better school but in 2 months time he joined my same school.

15 Yr:    Life was getting more bearable, I was getting really close to my sister. I enjoyed being with my friends and bunking tuition. I cut my waist-long hair till my shoulders for the first time in my life. I also started talking in Tamil more fluently.

16 Yr:    I wondered if I should go to Chennai for college after my boards. Everyone was going there and my brother was also calling me there. This was the part of my life where I fell in love with a person who I was going to be glued with for the rest of my life- yes my husband. The love-life looked all easy and filmy- the chocolates, the smiles, the hushed-up phone talks, the gifts.


17 Yr:    I joined a college here because of Dan who wanted me to study with him. Even my close friend Ranjana joined me. I suffer immensely during my first year and ended up having an arrear, sleeping in class, firing from the lecturers but the next semester I get the hang of it. At this point of life I come to know about dark things in the world and wonder if all this could be really true.

18 Yr:    I started sharing my sorrows with my sister and we bonded like anything. I go for occasional visits to Vellore for my mother’s treatment. In CMC Vellore I see the crowds of sick and handicapped and understand the value of good health God gave me. I started to wish the next 2 years would fly real fast so that I can finish college and go for work.

19 Yr:    I got placed in TCS and I thought everything is going to be awesome in future. I knew there was only one more year left and I could finally do something I wanted too. My sister applied for a college in Chennai. I cried because I missed her a lot.

20 Yr:    Tuticorin is all I could remember as I did my final year project here. I learnt to catch buses, get toasted under the merciless sun, share a bed with 5 girls, wait in queue to go to the loo and come exhausted home. Finally, all goes well and I become an engineer. I also missed my college life  a little.


21 Yr:    My better-half wanted us to get married so we struggled and suffered and we finally got hitched. I thought marriage was a bed of roses like in the big screen but soon I realized it wasn't exactly like that as it comes with a add-on package of ‘responsibility’. The first few months were the hardest but we made it through thick and thin.


22 Yr:    I master the art of cooking with few incidents of burning my hand, cutting my hand, opening the pressure cooker with steam inside, salt-filled food, hot-oil creaming over me and burnt-food. I also start to hold fishes, chicken, meat without wanting to throw up. I also truly understood the pain of losing someone precious to my heart when my dad passed on.

23 Yr:    Today, I am balancing life between family and work. I have the most remarkable husband who gives me so much freedom, a caring mother with her helping hand, awesome siblings who no matter what will stand by my side and generous-hearted friends who would do anything to see me happy. I understand now that the good people are not that good and the bad ones are really not that bad. I know that people can be the worst judges most of the time and the world can be cruel, but I also know that amidst all this I can truly learn to be happy and that somewhere down the lane I might be able to look back at all this and have a wonderful story to tell.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's quite a life... filled with a whole lot of love and experiences. That's all we need anyway, love to keep us happy and experiences to keep us grounded and wise... we could do without the responsibility though :P
    Nice post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice typical Indian girls life and love story i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well.. its 3:32 in the morning!... i have had a nice dose of reading... now, y on earth didnt i meet you in college... i always thought that our college fellas were mostly dumb and ridiculously studious and stupid.!, u proved to be one among the exceptions indeed, thanks to the hell lot of interactions and opportunities we had to socialize; like in a real college and not to forget our peer gossips and comments! that meant talking to the opposite sex spelled DISASTER... i wish i had known you better in college... since travelling back in time to know u in college is not possible as i have not finished inventing my time machine yet.. why dont we start now - atleast, better late than never.? in case you have to dig up about me, I guess ur sis will reveal how stupid i am! .. im off to bed.. so its good morning then. take care and bye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. why dont you write more than one blog a month...?
    you know once you start readin it ends up soon !

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sakthi: Thanks.. I was unusually quiet in college.. maybe because I never liked it there..I do write more than a post most of the months.. but I seem to have lesser time nowadays owing to work and home.. will try my best to put up more :)

    ReplyDelete