Friday, July 22, 2011

Driving Crazy

Many of us while going to work or anywhere must have encountered a foolish driver and you must have wondered – who on earth gave these guys a license?

I do not want any one of you to think about me that way – one of the many reasons why I don’t drive despite getting a car and a license. Getting a license here is no big deal at all. You apply for a learners and voila – whether you know the difference between the clutch or the brake – you get the license. There are even people to help you in the so called written exams they have – I did not even know what was written in tamil on the screen, a guy behind me was like press A or press C.  It’s all so neatly taken care of that we have so many people with awesome driving skills here.

I drive on highways (naturally, you don’t have to use the clutch+brake much when you’re hitting 100) and that too with my husband sitting next to me who screams like he’s in labor when he sees me doing some foolish stuff. I decided that I would be taking the car only after I have mastered the art to perfection – which is by no chance anywhere near in future.

Oh, and by the way I also got a two-wheeler license. If there was any sane man on planet earth, he would have thought twice before approving my license for two-wheelers. I still remember the days I sat on the bike to learn that with my husband behind me. If there was a dog like 10 feet away from me standing on one side – I would suddenly apply brakes - my reason: what if the doggy suddenly decided to cross the road? This selfless attitude of mine would make all the vehicles behind me stop, honk and well, you can imagine the chaos. So, in case you see a foolish driver around going on the wrong side or not signaling before turning, leave the person in peace I say – it’s just not his/her fault!

3 comments:

  1. I think you and me have the same driving skills...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes we all know for 3000 Rs you get all the licenses you want at your doorstep.

    But kindly avoid driving if you cant drive safely. Follow traffic rules strictly , wear seat belts , helmets and drive at sane speeds.

    Please do not put your life as well as others at risk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes bunny.. that's the reason I don't drive yet.. I don't want to put others at risk.

    ReplyDelete